Thursday, January 29, 2009

Today, when I took a break from digging in the garden to read the Superhero Journal, there was a post about a unique website. It's called 2 Do Before I Die. People are writing lists of all the crazy, mundane, tiny and big things they want to do in their lives, and telling stories about what they've already done. Two of my favorites are "Do Absolutely Nothing, by Nic" and "Meet Mr. Rogers, by Benjamin." I'll talk about Mr. Rogers on here sometime, that story made all of my childhood flash before my eyes. Anyway, I'm going to start my own list, and share them with you as I go. Here's a few to start.

Fly in a small plane over my house.
Go to a Coldplay concert.
Make someone blush.
Go on a walking tour in England.
Live in Lexington.
Build my physical endurance.
Grow corn.
See a movie outside.
Ride a horse on a beach.
Learn to pray.
Love a tenderhearted man.
Publish my photos in a newspaper or magazine.
Go to the Glastonbury Festival.
Find ever so many ways to be eccentric.
Indulge in my love of Jane Austen.
Learn to really, truly listen.
Get to know the parents of my friends.
Become an archer.
Go to a philosophy lecture.
Work in a library.

No comments: